Serendipity

The laws of chance, strange as it seems,
Take us exactly where we most likely need to be
[David Byrne]

domingo, 28 de novembro de 2004

Azarucho

She said, “I love an Irish lad and he was my only joy,
And ever since I saw his face, I've loved that soldier boy.”
“Perhaps your soldier lad is lost,
Sailing over the sea of Maine.
Or perhaps he is gone with some other one,
You may never see him again.”
“Well if my Irish lad is lost, he's the one I do adore,
And seven years I will wait for him,
By the banks of the Moorlough shore.”*

Sete é simbólico. Quem diz sete anos quer dizer muito tempo. Eu conseguiria ficar quieta muito tempo, à espera, sem fazer barulho. Uma campeã da apneia. Quando penso nessa hipótese ainda me entusiasmo com a ideia. Sete anos sem respirar, sem viver - fazendo-o de forma mecânica -, e tudo por «amor». Que feito heróico, que vítima. E conseguiria. Mas já me convenceram que seria um disparate.

Olha, azarucho, paciência. Esquece lá isso.

[*«The Moorlough Shore», Sinead O’Connor]