Serendipity

The laws of chance, strange as it seems,
Take us exactly where we most likely need to be
[David Byrne]

quinta-feira, 10 de março de 2005

Unbonding

Conhecemo-nos há oito anos e numa coisa ele levou a melhor: “somos amigos”. Não há nada mais difícil do que “acabar com um amigo” – o Seinfeld dedicou um episódio inteiro a este tema. Já tentei. Já cheguei até a pensar que tinha conseguido. Mas não. Ele tem um talento especial para contornar qualquer tipo de confronto, por mais directo e inequívoco que seja, e consegue perpetuar a ligação. Chego à mesma conclusão do Seinfeld, o melhor é conformar-me.

His name is Joel Horneck. He lived like three houses down from me when I grew up. He had a Ping Pong table. We were friends. Should I suffer the rest of my life because I like to play Ping Pong? I was ten. I would've been friends with Stalin if he had a Ping Pong table.. he's so self-involved.

(...)

I have to wait for someone to die. I think that's the only way out of this relationship. It could be a long time.

[daqui]