Serendipity

The laws of chance, strange as it seems,
Take us exactly where we most likely need to be
[David Byrne]

sexta-feira, 15 de outubro de 2004

Show me the money

Ah, as palavras, as palavras... [para a meg]

Words! Words! Words!
I'm so sick of words!
I get words all day through,
First from him, now from you
Is that all you blighters can do?
Don't talk of stars burning above,
If you're in love, show me!
Tell me no dreams filled with desire,
If you're on fire, show me!
Here we are together in the middle of the night
Don't talk of spring, just hold me tight.
Anyone who's ever been in love'll tell you that
This is no time for a chat.
Haven't your lips longed for my touch?
Don't say how much, show me, show me!
Don't talk of love lasting through time,
Make me no undying vow.
Show me now!
Sing me no song, read me no rhyme
Don't waste my time, show me!
Don't talk of June, don't talk of fall
Don't talk at all, show me!
Never do I ever want to hear another word
There isn't one I haven't heard.
Here we are together in what ought to be a dream,
Say one more word and I'll scream!
Haven't your arms hungered for mine?
Please don't "expl'ine", show me, show me!
Don't wait until wrinkles and lines
Pop out all over my brow,
Show me now!
(Frederick Loewe e Alan Jay Lerner, «Show Me», de «My Fair Lady»)